- Preliminary Judging of Carnival FloatsMargaret Field
- Parade - “Sci-fi, Fantasy & Adventure” theme - leaves Margaret Field making its way to Burwell Village College field
(see route map on the Parade page to select your viewing point) Margaret Field to Burwell Village College
- Carnival opens on Burwell Village College field – entrance by Sports Centre (no parking in Buntings Path please).
Burwell Village College FieldPolite reminders:
No dogs or smoking on the school site.
No alcohol is to be brought in to the event from outside, or any glass.
Thank you for your co-operation!
- 1:00 - 1:30pm
- Sawston Boys Brigade BandBurwell Village College Field
- 1:30 - 1:50pm
- Float prize presentationsBurwell Village College Field
- 1:55 - 2:10pm
- Soham MajorettesBurwell Village College Field
- Karate displayBurwell Village College Field
- 2:30 - 3:30pm
- BVCP Choir / Community ChoirBurwell Village College Field
- 3:30 - 3:50pm
- Newmarket Gymnastics displayBurwell Village College Field
- 3.50 - 4.35pm
- Juggling James – fire jugglerBurwell Village College Field
- 4.35 - 5.15pm
- Charlie & Mollie – talented singer songwriters performing a mix of originals and cover versionsBurwell Village College Field
- 5.15 - 6.00pm
- KD Academy & Youth Theatre – West End and popular music songsBurwell Village College Field
- 6.00 - 6.15pm
- Grand raffle prize drawBurwell Village College Field
- 6.15 - 7.00pm
- VIVA! – musical theatre from this talented group.Burwell Village College Field
- 7.00 - 8.45pm
- Loose Chippings – music to cover all genres, from all eras!Burwell Village College Field
- 9.00 - 11.00pm
- Indietones – playing all your favourite Indie / Rock classics!Burwell Village College Field
Can you believe that it is 12 months since we were almost washed away by the torrential rain and thunderstorms of 2014? We are all hoping that this year we will be blessed with dry, fine weather however if this is not to be then you all know that the show will go on!
On to this year and we have had another amazing response from local groups and businesses as the theme of Sci-fi, Fantasy and Adventure has really taken hold. Which float will take the honours this year? Could it be Star Wars or Star Trek? Possibly The Wizard of Oz or Dr Who? Maybe even Despicable Me or Minecraft? Or will Harry Potter leave us all spellbound?
Of course, there will be plenty of nervous energy as the finishing touches are put to each individual float, however winning is not everything! We thank you all for your hard work and dedication to Carnival. It really is a triumph for our village that we are able to produce a day like this which the whole community can enjoy and be a part of. As yet the Carnival King, Queen and their attendants have not been chosen so we are sure that there are some nervous children (and parents) waiting for the phone to ring! Whoever it may be, we look forward to seeing you lead the parade!
Once again, we are part of the Isle of Ely Arts Festival as well as being the launch pad for Burwell Festival. Why not take a look and see what’s happening over the next few days around the village by popping into the Festival tent, you may even become part of it!
This year we have an eclectic mix of entertainment throughout the day both off and on stage. There will be displays, music, street style entertainment, funfair rides and much more to keep you amused as you wander the field during the afternoon. Then as we enter the evening we have a mix of musical theatre followed by two excellent local bands to round off proceedings.
As always we wouldn’t be able to put Carnival on without the help of some generous commercial sponsors, those who provide the transport for the floats and those individuals who freely give up their time to run stalls, help as road marshals or collect money in the buckets along the parade route. We are indebted to you all!
So, tell your friends, family and colleagues that Burwell is the place to be on June 27th.
We look forward to seeing you all!
BC2015-PresentationPoster.jpg27/09/2015 23:00Burwell Carnival Presentation night will be held on Friday October 9th from 7:00pm onwards at the Ex-Service Club.
As usual there will be entertainment as well as revealing the total amount raised and the handing over of numerous cheques.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Comedy-Flyer_2015_Print.jpg27/09/2015 23:00For Carnival 2016, we get the ball rolling with Comedy Night on Saturday 21 November at Burwell Village College.
We are currently working on the line up for this but you can buy your tickets for only £10 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you interested in commercial sponsorship opportunities? Then why not sponsor our comedy night or the Carnival stage? We are open to offers! Contact the Carnival Committee today!
Our presentation evening, to distribute our annual funds raised, will be held in early Autumn. Watch local press and our Facebook page for further details. Another Comedy Night is planned for Saturday 21st November and we’ll hopefully do Carnival again in 2016. See you on Burwell Carnival Day – a free event for all the family!