Carnival 2024 will be on 29th June 2024 at Burwell Recreation Ground. Last year the event was attended by over 3500 people, and we're looking forward to welcoming everyone back again. It is free entry for all and raises money for community groups across the village.
Carnival kicks off with our themed parade - Transport this year, from 1.30pm, making it's way to the Recreation Ground (open from 1pm). The parade starts at the top of The Causeway, turning left into Hythe Lane and straight onto The Recreation Ground up to our stage area at 2pm (ish).
On the recreation ground you'll find our Carnival bar, fantastic entertainment from bands and dance groups, fairground rides, inflatables, craft stalls and food vendors along with so much more to enjoy on-the-day.
Bands this year to be confirmed.
We have live music and performers throughout the afternoon and evening until 11pm. Past acts have included The Indie Tones, Big 10, Max Headroom and many more.
Food, Drink and Stalls:
Our Carnival bar will be selling real ale from Burwell Brewery & cider from Spinney Abbey, lager and Pimms by the jug/glasses, along with wine, prosecco, spirits & soft drinks. Our very own Burwell Belles - WI, will be providing hot drinks & refreshments sharing our bar marquee and we will also have a wide choice of food vendors on the field. We have a fantastic range of craft and community stalls, so please come and support your local businesses and charitable groups.
Find out who is coming here
Please note we are no longer looking for applications for Food or Ice Cream vendors
So, there’s no need to go anywhere as we have everything you need for a ‘free to enter’, full and fun family day out. Finally folks, do tell your friends to come along or bring them with you. Do bring plenty of cards, cash and coins, chairs and rugs... but please no glassware, own alcohol (otherwise we could lose our license) or bad behaviour – thank you!
- There is NO PARKING at the Recreation Ground during the day till 6.30pm - except Blue Badge holders, carnival stewards, performers and drop-off. If coming by car, please park within the village and walk to the and no parking is allowed on Hythe Lane or adjacent residential roads, which are coned off - thank you.
- All dogs MUST be kept on a lead on the Carnival field.
- No bringing of own alcohol onto site, as the Carnival is a licensed event. Only alcohol purchased at the Carnival bar may be consumed on site.
- Please use the bins provided, so as not to litter the Recreation Ground field, and surrounding area/roads.
- Enjoy everything on offer respectfully and please leave the Carnival field quietly at all times, so as not to annoy the neighbours!