Carnival 2024 will be on 29th June 2024 at Burwell Recreation Ground. Last year the event was attended by over 3500 people, and we're looking forward to hopefully attracting a similar number of attendees. Watch this space and our Facebook event page for further details.
Carnival kicks off with our themed parade, from 1.30pm, making it's way to the Recreation Ground (open from 1pm). The parade makes it's way down The Causeway, turning left into Hythe Lane and straight onto The Recreation Ground up to our stage area 2pm (ish). Parents of kids involved, family/friends and fellow Burwellians will hopefully line the route and and welcome the parade onto Burwell Recreation Ground.
On the recreation ground you'll find our Carnival bar, stage and field entertainment/display , fair rides (large - dodgems/ferris wheel & smaller ones) & inflatable attractions (assault course, helter skelter, last one standing) and food vendors (see list below), along with so much more to enjoy on-the-day.
We also have room for 50 craft/commercial/charity/community stalls - stall bookings will open soon
Food and Drink
Our Carnival bar will be selling real ale from Burwell Brewery & cider from Spinney Abbey, lager and Pimms by the jug/glasses, along with wine, prosecco (by the bottle), spirits & soft drinks. Our very own Burwell Belles - WI, will be providing hot drinks & refreshments sharing our bar marquee and we will also have a wide choice of food vendors on the field.
So, there’s no need to go anywhere as we have everything you need for a ‘free to enter’, full and fun family day out. Finally folks, do tell your friends to come along or bring them with you. Do bring plenty of cards, cash and coins, chairs and rugs... but please no glassware, own alcohol (otherwise we could lose our license) or bad behaviour – thank you!
Enjoy a full day & evening at Burwell Carnival!
- There is NO PARKING at the Recreation Ground during the day till 6.30pm - except Blue Badge holders, carnival stewards, performers and drop-off. If coming by car, please park within the village and walk to the and no parking is allowed on Hythe Lane or adjacent residential roads, which are coned off - thank you.
- All dogs MUST be kept on a lead on the Carnival field.
- No bringing of own alcohol onto site, as the Carnival is a licensed event. Only alcohol purchased at the Carnival bar may be consumed on site.
- Please use the bins provided, so as not to litter the Recreation Ground field, and surrounding area/roads.
- Enjoy everything on offer respectfully and please leave the Carnival field quietly at all times, so as not to annoy the neighbours!