Burwell Carnival 2023
Saturday 1st July, 1-11.30pm
Recreation Ground, Burwell, Wiers Drove, CB25 0EZ
The objective of our events is to provide entertainment and activities for all the community at large to enjoy. Previous attendance +3.5k+ people, which we hope to attract again, with all money raised from events prior to and throughout the day put towards running future events and worthy causes/groups within the community.
Our events marketplace is always incredibly popular and we really want to support local entrepreneurs, small businesses and local social enterprise schemes and local community groups which meet the criteria of:
- Local crafters/traders/businesses of local home made products, local grown produce, items to be hand-made, products created/produced by the seller in their entirety.
- No items to be pre-bought or pre-manufactured products to be simply sold on. However, applying customisation or personalisation is acceptable.
- You supply services and support offered by the group or charity to be beneficial to the residents of Burwell and surrounding villages.
- Within a 20 mile radius of Burwell.
- Please note: Our marketplace EXCLUDES Catering and Food vendors / Entertainment / Field and Fair activities / Face Painting, Henna Tattoos & Hair Braiding (people services) - which are arranged separately by contacting us directly. Thank you.
The fee for a 3.5m sq. pitch within our marketplace is:
- £40 - commercial/craft trader rate
- £30 - local charity/Burwell community group running a stall for fundraising rate - all monies you raise are going to a charity or local community group!
- Please bring, and erect, your own gazebo and table for your merchandise to be displayed on and purchased from. The event, and marketplace, is outdoors, no cover is provided and there may well be weather conditions which need to be sheltered from!
- Unfortunately no power can be provided - sorry!
- There will be space for one car to be parked behind your allocated stall pitch during the event.
- All vehicles must be accompanied on and off the field by event stewards as this is a legal and safety requirement.
Exact timings are TBC nearer the event, but current advice to reflect our proposed plans are:
- Stall holders will have access to Recreation Ground from 10.30am and will need to be set up and ready to trade for +1pm, when the event will be open to the public.
- We ask all stalls must remain open/in-place until 5.30pm at which time Marketplace vehicles will need to be escorted by event stewards from the site between 5.30 – 6.30pm. All stall plots must be emptied by this time for safety and security reasons. Thank you.
Please note: Marketplace EXCLUDES Catering and Food vendors / Entertainment / Field and Fair activities / Face Painting, Henna Tattoos & Hair Braiding (people services) - which are arranged separately by contacting us
. Thank you.